[wp-docs] Modify installation page to mention wordpress@example.com?

Jerry Peek jpeek at jpeek.com
Thu Dec 21 19:51:04 GMT 2006

I'm doing my second WordPress installation.  I remember a surprise
after my first installation: that WordPress was sending emails from
the address wordpress at myhost.com.  But nothing I read had told me
about that address.  So any email sent to that address (say, a
bounced message) would go nowhere.  That doesn't seem like good
admin practice to me, and it also might lose useful info (that,
say, someone registered with a bogus email address).

I created a mail alias on my server to forward wordpress at myhost.com
to me.  I'm thinking that would be a good thing to add to the page
http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress .  But I thought
there might be a reason why this isn't mentioned -- even as an
"optional" step.  And I also wonder where to put this info in that
install doc: it doesn't seem to fit anywhere, so I'm thinking that
a new section would be the right place.  Finally: some users can't
set up arbitrary email addresses on their server, so maybe they'd
want to change the wordpress email address to something else (like
an account at Yahoo, their personal email address, etc.)

Comments?  Advice?  Thanks.

Jerry