[wp-docs] Intro

Mark Styles wp-docs at lambic.co.uk
Wed Dec 6 02:56:53 GMT 2006

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 05:17:49PM -0700, Jerry Peek wrote:
> An overall Table of Contents that lists all of the content would be a
> big help.

Traditional media has a ToC and an Index. The index would be more of a
site map, but I see the ToC looking something like this:

Chapter 1: Getting Started
Chapter 2: The Admin interface
Chapter 3: Customization / Themes
Chapter 4: Add-ons / Plugins
Chapter 5: Expansion
Chapter 6: Advanced Usage
Chapter 7: Writing your own themes / plugins

Appendix 1: Glossary
Appendix 2: Function / Coding Reference
Appendix 3: Miscellany
Appendix 4: Index

> Since Codex is maintained by its readers, though, I wonder if the
> more-ordered book-like structure could eventually break down as people
> put new content wherever they think it should go.

If something ends up in the wrong place, hopefully it will be spotted
and corrected fairly quickly.

--
Mark
http://www.lambic.co.uk