[wp-docs] Codex move complete, next steps?

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon Dec 4 18:16:01 GMT 2006

Michael E. Hancock wrote:
> Special:Popularpages disappeared early this year, can it be reinstated now
> that performance issues are solved?

I don't know why it's broken, so I'm not sure how to fix it, but I could
give volunteers access to the Google analytics stats.

> Is Codex staying with MediaWiki or moving to Blicki or another platform?

That's up to you guys.

> If staying with MediaWiki, upgrade to the latest version.

I tried when I did the migration, I was unable to upgrade to 1.6.8,
which is the last version that supported PHP4. It bothers me that they
made PHP5 a requirement, but I suppose we could get that installed and
try it out again, but I'm not optimistic.

> Add more extensions allowed for Uploads so things such as video tutorials
> can be uploaded.

Which extensions, specifically? We'll have to watch it closely for abuse.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com