[wp-docs] Search feature

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 17:08:23 GMT 2006

On 8/15/06, Mike at Green-Beast.com <mikecherim at green-beast.com> wrote:

> Hello Lorelle,
>
> I'm not sure I follow you. What is it about the WP Docs search you
> dislike?
>
> Mike
> http://green-beast.com/

I can't speak for Lorelle, but the codex searches ALL of the wiki code/text
when searching  for  a  relavant  term,  which  returns  many false
positives.  My example is a good one.  Search the codex for Author Template,
then use the search at wordpress.org for the same term.  Compare results.

I can not believe it would be too difficult to replace the search feature at
the codex with the same search from wordpress.org.  Might even lessen the
forum questions on some of the common topics, if a genuinely relavant codex
page was returned.

~miklb