[wp-docs] folder creation issues

Mon Apr 3 01:03:19 GMT 2006

I just joined the list to tackle this issue, so forgive me if it's
already been attended to. I seem to be getting server errors when I
tick the box that allows WP to create year and month folders for
uploaded content if I try and upload an item for a new post.

I encounter the same problem when attempting to upload content across
the XML-RPC interface to a new folder created by the client.

In both cases, the folder is created and is ChModed correctly (777),
but no content can be written to it by WP or even by me personally via
an ftp. This may be a server issue on my part, but I'm led to believe a
small workaround in the code could fix the issue as  uploads work
seamlessly when the option of spawning year and month folders is turned
off.

Can someone point me to the function set responsible for creating new
folders on the server?