[wp-docs] I talked to a lawyer

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Wed Sep 28 16:24:36 GMT 2005

Podz wrote:
> My question now is this:
> - what comes first ? The book or the code ?

Huh? By "code" do you mean WP 1.6?

> If there is no reason to worry, then why not bring it into the open ?
> That could well attract further quality contributions which can only
> benefit Codex. My concern is that the book could be being written with a
> view to being launched at the same time as the code - if that is the
> case, then one of them takes priority and a guess would be the book will
> as that is a physical entity. That has implications should it be the case.

If you guys want to do the "codex release" thing perhaps we could use
Cafepress or Lulu to put out a physical book with a release, but my
impression would be that'd take a lot of time and it'd probably be best
a month or two after the release once the docs have had time to catch up.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com