[wp-docs] I talked to a lawyer

Michael E. Hancock michael at hancockdata.com
Wed Sep 28 13:44:24 GMT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Podz" <podz at tamba2.org.uk>
> I know perfectly well she is.

Podz,

The she I'm referring to is Deborah Woehr.

I think it very unfair to single out Lorelle!  Her contributions to Codex
can't even be quantified.  She's been the driving force (at least in the
short time I've been around) in improving Codex.  She's recruited
contributors, mentored newbies, and plainly been the 'go to' person for
Codex.  For that she has my thanks and sincere respect!

Now for the part you won't like.  Lorelle, and anyone else, has the right to
write a book.  They don't have to tell us they're writing a book.  They
don't need our blessing, they don't need our approval!  You compiled your
version of a Codex book and you were applauded.  We should extend that same
applause to others.

We need to encourage, not discourage, efforts to write a book about
WordPress.  I want to be the first one to buy such a book!

~~~~MichaelH
Michael E. Hancock