[wp-docs] An Amendment

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Fri Sep 23 13:45:27 GMT 2005

Scott Merrill wrote:
> If the GPL comment is not yet part of the new user stub, I will add it.
>  That, at least, will make it clear to new participants what to expect.

What I'm led to believe from reading the GPL is that publishing a print
version of Codex (which clearly qualifies as a derivative work) without
releasing the source files required for the print run (including content
and formatting) is a violation of the license.

If you could please make that plain in the licensing, it would be
appreciated.

> Can someone with power please add the copyright link to the Codex
> footer, so that every page is _clearly_ marked as GPL.

Excellent idea.

Owen