[wp-docs] The point about Copyright

Aaron Brazell aaron at technosailor.com
Thu Sep 22 18:53:01 GMT 2005

On 9/22/05, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:

> Would it calm people's mind if we had one of those heavy TOS agreements
> that says "everything you produce on this website is owned by X"? Lots
> of commercial websites like Yahoo have something similar. That said,
> I've never liked them.
>

> I've been sitting back watching this conversation as I think the whole
issue is a stupid power grab. You write what you write for the sake of the
community, not for yourself. It's just common sense to me, but then again, I
don't think in shades of grey.

I think it makes sense that the spirit of one of those heavy TOS should be
understood already without a heavy TOS. If folks understand the spirit of
that then life will be easier. If they don't it's too bad for them...

But that's me.

Aaron Brazell
Editor/Writer
http://www.technosailor.com