[wp-docs] Codex and the FSF

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Wed Sep 21 22:29:39 GMT 2005

At this weeks #meetup, I proposed that the copyright ownership of Codex
be transferred to the Free Software Foundation http://www.fsf.org/ (FSF).
This was discussed at #meetup, but unfortunately Matt was not present.
Because it is not entirely clear where we currently stand or what indeed
the FSF can offer, I volunteered to get some information.

I have just emailed them with some brief info so I can hopefully get
pointed to the right people.

What I need from YOU is a list of any and every concern you have now, or
might have, or need to know about the FSF. I do not want someone to come
along in the future, take Codex and do something with it that we can
then do nothing about. WP has no resources, no experience in these
things, so we need information and possibly the help of the FSF (if they
take us - they may have other options).

But what I need to things to ask them. We cannot make such a decision
without having a lot of facts - and bear in mind too that this exercise
may show what rights / protections we do already have - and the audience
that needs satisfying about such a move is reading this email :)

Please send issues to this list, or privately.

Every email I send / receive will be made public in it's entirety.

Podz