[wp-docs] plugins that load their own themes

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 19:43:13 GMT 2005

This whole thread should be renamed. They are not plugins, its a place
to load functions to seperate code from presentation, and it is also
loaded earlier so themes may optionally hook into the admin. Let's not
document anything with this misconception and reduce the possiblity
for abuse.

On 9/21/05, Lorelle VanFossen <lorelle at cameraontheroad.com> wrote:
> Yes, the ability to have some form of customizability will really help
> wordpress.com. I'm not talking customizability down to the nano-spec but
> the ability to add polling, most recent comments, most popular posts,
> and a lot of the popular plugins. To be able to change the header to a
> design of your own. Little things. Without some of this flexibility and
> "feeling" like the user can add features to "make it their own",
> enthusiasm may wane. This ability is already in the works, so I say
> continue forward.
>
> Personally, I'd absolutely love to do away with the blogroll on my
> wordpress.com site and replace it with most recent or most popular posts
> to increase navigation on my site. I link to plenty of folks within my
> posts, so I want better navigation to keep folks visiting longer. A
> couple of buttons to click would take away the blogroll and add most
> popular posts. I like it! ;-)
>
> Lorelle

--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com