[wp-docs] Copyright and a new stub.

Michael E. Hancock michael at hancockdata.com
Sun Sep 18 14:35:47 GMT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Podz" <podz at tamba2.org.uk>
> I have started adding people to that page.
> I am using the user list, clicking on all the blue links, checking that
> something has made it out of a user page and then adding them.
> Not perfect, but right now it's the best I can think of.
> I'm also adding them in alpha order because it's going to be a lot
> easier to keep track of people that way.

Add to that page manually has got to be a monumental waste of time and will
never be accurate.  You're depending on the accuracy of the Codex files and
I've seen glaring holes where logs and such have been lost.  It will also
need updating every darn day!

Why the 'uproar'?  Isn't GPL good enough?  Podz, you've proved that anyone,
anytime, can just make a copy of the Codex info.  If someone doesn't want to
copy from Codex then they can copy from your files...

If someone takes Codex and makes a book, that can only be great for
WordPress!  In fact, that effort probably should be encouraged rather than
discouraged.

~~~MichaelH
Michael E. Hancock