[wp-docs] Copyright and a new stub.

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Sun Sep 18 13:44:19 GMT 2005

http://codex.wordpress.org/Codex_Copyright_Holders

> Would someone like to enlighten everyone as to what copyright terms will
> be used, who will decide and whether or not there will be a page that
> lists the name of those who have contributed to Codex ? Or do coders
> have one rule and contributors another ? And simply saying "GPL" is NOT
> an answer.

In the long term, I think the best solution is to make it clear that all
contributions to the Codex -- and to the code in WordPress -- explicitly
transfers copyright of said contribution to WordPress, Inc.  WPI should
be the sole copyright keeper, so that a single entity can pursue violations.

The Free Software Foundation requests that Free Software developers
transfer the copyright of their projects to the FSF, so that the FSF can
bring its weight to bear in enforcement issues.

If the consensus is that transfer of copyright is undesirable, then
everyone should "sign" the page I linked above.  And we'll have to go
back through page histories to add the names of people who have moved on.

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35