[wp-docs] Version specific banners for Codex

Lorelle VanFossen lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Sat Sep 3 12:59:32 GMT 2005

I firmly have believed from the beginning that inclusion of the version
in the title or section, or highlighted in bold within an article, is
good enough and the banners are not necessary, except on specific pages
such as Install or Upgrade, IF the issue is directly related to version
specifics. It makes it easier to scan down the list for "my" version. I
personally do not want the use of the banner templates to be spread all
over the Codex, but used lightly and with a very specific intention.

I've updated the example page accordingly, to add clarification.

Kaf, and others still thinking this way:  As long as the thinking
continues to be "upgrade or be deprecated", implying there is little
choice in the matter as you will be better off with upgrading, version
specific manuals are not in the offering. One manual - all versions.