[wp-docs] Re: [wp-hackers] Install/Upgrade Docs for 1.6 Release

Lorelle VanFossen lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Sun Oct 30 01:51:54 GMT 2005

I've seen a lot of installation "guides" for WordPress, and I think that
with a little editing, the following is a very nice example. I like the
flow of requirements, MySQL, and then moving to the actual installation.
http://www.gnc-web-creations.com/wordpress-installation.htm

Matt mentioned adding screencasts to the Codex, and I'm not sure much
happened with that, but installation should be one of the first examples
that should be done. Nice, simple and easy to understand.

I vote for making the process on the backend as easy, one click as
possible, but we also need simple and clear documentation.

My money is still on an installation/upgrade system that checks to see
what is installed, dates, and then updates whatever needs updating. Is
that even possible?