[wp-docs] The PDF thing again

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Wed Nov 16 17:05:38 GMT 2005

TechGnome wrote:
> 1) How are you converting them? Is this something you need help with as
> well?

Using Openoffice 2 again (~90meg download itself)

All the original .odt files I used are here:
http://www.zen77857.zen.co.uk/zips/odt-files.zip
so I've grabbed and unzipped

I'm going through the .odt files and then using the page History in
Codex to see when/what has changed. Re-edit the .odt, save then export
as the PDF. The list here:
http://www.zen77857.zen.co.uk/docs/ shows last modified date and I'm
going in alpha order.

It's boring more than technical, and though it would be good to offer
the docs in other formats I have no idea how to do this smoothly.

The easiest way to help would be to claim a letter (T is horrible - all
those Template_tags !) then we don't overlap too much.

> 2) I've got a bit of space & bandwidth I'm willing to use to act as a
> mirror site.

I'm okay for space and bandwidth on that site (a gig / unlimited) but
it's more a case of people being able to grab if they want. While I
doubt my domain would be blocked, the more sites that host and say so
the more chance someone will find that from a search. I'd happily list
mirrors to help though ?

P.