[wp-docs] Page Move Abandons the Discussion Page

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Mon May 23 16:11:18 GMT 2005

On 5/23/05, lorelle at cameraontheroad.com <lorelle at cameraontheroad.com> wrote:
> It's worked before, she whines loudly to the unseen audience.
>
> When I move a page within the Codex, and firmly and obsessively make sure
> the "MOVE TALK PAGE" is CHECKED, it doesn't move the talk page.  Started
> this weekend.
This should be the case when you are moving pages between namespaces.
Other wise It should work fine. In case the talk page does not get
moved, move it seperately, like you moved the other page.

> Also, when I delete a page, I get a SQL warning:
>
> Database error:From Codex
> A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the
> software. The last attempted database query was:
> (SQL query hidden)
> from within function "LogPage::saveContent". MySQL returned error "1054:
> Unknown column 'log_params' in 'field list' (localhost)".

There are problems wiht updating the logs that generate pages like the
move log, the delete log, and other logs. This does not bug the rest
of the normal operation of the Codex.

> Ah, the fixing of the Codex never ends.

Amen!
Carthik.
> Lorelle

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net