[wp-docs] Page Move Abandons the Discussion Page

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Mon May 23 16:03:03 GMT 2005

lorelle at cameraontheroad.com wrote:
> It's worked before, she whines loudly to the unseen audience.
>
> When I move a page within the Codex, and firmly and obsessively make
> sure the "MOVE TALK PAGE" is CHECKED, it doesn't move the talk page.
> Started this weekend.

Is it me or does Mediawiki just suck?  It seems like it's always falling
apart like this.

I ask out of personal interest because my wife's company is thinking
about using a wiki for their in-house tech notes, and she mentioned some
discussion of Mediawiki.  I think they brought it up because it's
well-known ("As used by Wikipedia!"), but I told her of the many
problems Codex has had with it.

I don't know what I'm hoping for by posting this, but damn, aren't we
tired of the wiki breaking all the time?  If this is going to be the
main WordPress documentation, it can't be this flaky.

Owen