[wp-docs] Request for spammers list

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Sat May 14 01:21:23 GMT 2005

lorelle at cameraontheroad.com wrote:

> We do have the spam words list, but what about having this kind of
> list?  Is
> is appropriate?  Is it usable?

There is more than one spam plugin that uses/provides a distributed spam
wordlist.  The list does not publish as links that you can view on a
site, doesn't need to be maintained by the site admin for use because
it's automatically updated by the plugin, and doesn't need to be
maintained by Codex authors which is subject to errors and abuse.  I've
seen someone  else's solution that implements distributing such a list
via XML-RPC, and I've also written my own using the same method, called OSA.

If this user is concerned about keeping a current wordlist, I would
suggest using such a plugin.

Owen