[wp-docs] Improve >> Create :)

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Wed May 4 20:12:58 GMT 2005

I'm just getting back to speed up here at the Codex after yet another
study-induced coma. Great job with everything, folks! I am delighted,
and cannot thank everyone enough.

I noticed
http://codex.wordpress.org/New_To_WordPress_-_Where_to_Start

which is a great new article dealing with exactly what the title says.
However, there is
http://codex.wordpress.org/First_Steps_With_WordPress , not to mention
http://codex.wordpress.org/Getting_Started_with_WordPress

and possibly some other such pages.

Please try to avoid duplication of effort.

In fact, the rule of thumb I use is that I try to find one article
that is closest to that great new article I have in mind, and then set
to work on improving that article till it resembles what I have in
mind. In other words, please try to improve existing pages, instead of
creating new pages.

I would love to see the three articles I mentioned merged together,
since, regardless of the differences in approaches, what we should
really be interested in is providing one page to get a novice started
with using WordPress, in this case.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Carthik.
--
When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net