[wp-docs] Search Engines Grab Users

Margaret Brock margaret at mopdah.com
Wed Mar 30 17:33:59 GMT 2005

I've been kind of lurking here for a few days and following this with
interest and this is my take:

I'm a retired computer programmer so I'm not entirely an airhead when
it comes to computer stuff, BUT when I encounter something that is new
to me, I do "RTFM" and if the manual - or in this case the WIKI - is
wrong either because someone posted bad information in an attempt to
mislead people (hey, it happens) or as Lorelle is saying her posts are
intended as drafts, how am I to know?

If I was new to WordPress and followed incomplete information, it would
turn me off and I would not likely ever return.

There are a bazillion blogware apps out there. I've tried lots and
abandoned them all in favor of WordPress because here I found the best
information.

Please don't let that deteriorate.

"wiki" and "codex" are geek words. There are lots of people who will be
drawn to blogging and WordPress because of it's ease of use who will
not know what those words mean or what the implications of having
information housed in a wiki might be. In my humble opinion, it's not
the right way to go for documentation that's being rolled out to the
public.

Take care, Margaret