[wp-docs] Remove Deny Access Section

James Huff james at macmerc.com
Wed Mar 23 23:42:39 GMT 2005

The Deny Access section of the Combatting Comment Spam document deals
largely with blocking IP addresses.  Time and time again this has been
proven as practically useless beyond the stretch of a week.  Don't get
me wrong, blocking IPs is great for breaking up floods, but the spam
bots come back with a new IP in a week at most.  Origninally, this
section came from Podz' combatting comment spam page, but hould this
section remain?  Also, it deals primarily with .htaccess techniques
found by searching Google.  Does it even belong in the Codex?  Another
thing to consider is confusion for new users.  We don't want anyone to
think that blocking spam with WordPress is difficult.

James Huff (MacManX)
MacMerc Contributing Editor
http://www.macmerc.com
http://www.macmanx.com