[wp-docs] First Steps With WordPress

lorelle at cameraontheroad.com lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Tue Mar 22 16:21:37 GMT 2005

Sorry for the delay.  The sickies and a weekend marathon consumed every bit
of energy I had.

I've finally put the first "draft" of
http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Lorelle/First_Steps_With_WordPress in my
user section.  And I need some help.

The goal of the article is to help all those who call themselves newbies and
noobs take baby steps through the WordPress process.  It might even give old
"Think-I-Know-Everything" users some new info.

The help I need is to go through the article and find EVERY possible place
to link to an article in the Codex that will help people get more info.
Also to highlight the specific terminology that will help teach them the
jargon of WordPress.  For instance, if the Write Posts panel is mentioned,
it should be in bold and/or link to an article that takes them step-by-step
through the process.

This article is also heavily based upon mdawaffe's articles on using the
various administration panels, so when those are public, I want to link to
those.

I've tried to keep this as simple and "conversational" as possible to help
those truly intimidated by the process, with lots of links to expand their
knowledge.  If I've left something out or said too much, slice and burn.