[wp-docs] Combating Comment Spam Updates

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Fri Mar 18 07:49:13 GMT 2005

James Huff wrote:
> Ok, as suggested many times, I'm going to take a major stab at the
> Combating Comment Spam page:

Cool - it needs it :)

> Create a separate page for each plugin, captcha, and hack, thus reducing
> the related sections of the main Combating Comment Spam page to bulleted
> lists.
>
> Each separate page will contain the plugin's compatibility, a link to
> the plugin, a full description, and a rating based on five criteria.

I would have a page per overall method, and I would not use a rating
system myself. I can see the point, but by rating them we are swaying
user choice so possibly reducing the variety of techniques WP users
employ and this could be considered a strength.
I also think that it will open a huge can of worms of "that plugin is
better than this" which is best avoided.

P.