[wp-docs] User accounts

Michael D.Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Mon Mar 14 21:33:39 GMT 2005

I tend to agree with Morgan and Firas, but would have been a bit
more... diplomatic than Firas managed.

Deleting the Spammers and the Vandals is ok (though it certainly won't
discourage them), but I think we should have as few barriers to
contributing as possible.  If deleting a "lurker" or
so-far-non-contributing account stops one person from fixing a typo,
clarifying an ambiguous section, reverting spam/vandalism, or
correcting bad information, then it shouldn't be done.

Plus, it might be tricky to make sure the database plays nice after
deleting dead accounts.  Contributions, Histories and such might go a
little wonky (but I don't know anything about the database structure or
its interface).

Besides, having all those accounts in the database makes it all the
easier to send out Codex spam to everyone who's ever even looked at the
site.  That's the first step toward total world domination by Codex :-)
   (Step 3: profit!)

Michael