[wp-docs] New template and category created.

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 19:06:30 GMT 2005

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 09:12:55 -0700, Craig Hartel <craig at nuclearmoose.com> wrote:
> Michael D.Adams wrote:
> > Thanks, Craig, for the template and category.  Good idea.
> >
> > Carthik mentioned on another thread [1] that after renaming an article
> > we should (naturally) update all internal links referencing the old page
> > to reference the new page, and (more cleverly) watch the old URL for
> > hits from outside before deleting the redirect.
> >
> > Does this external hit watch just happen automatically, or is there
> > someone (Matt?) or something we need inform after renaming a page?

I use a google search or two to find out what pages link to the page
in question. Searching for the URL of the page, as well as the title
of the page is useful.

A stats package or something to track hits would be nice, though.

Craig, so how do we rename the pages you marked as requiring renaming,
maybe you could rename them after a brief discussion on this list
about alternative names etc?

Carthik.
--
When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net