[wp-docs] [Dev Doc] WordPress Database Reference

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Mon Mar 14 12:58:47 GMT 2005

Michael D.Adams wrote:

> I've started writing up some info on the wpdb database interface class
> for inclusion in [[WordPress Database Reference]].  I suppose it could
> go into [[WordPress Function Reference]] instead.
>
> In either case, to any hacker types out there, is the information I've
> got so far useful, or should we just point people to the ezSQL docs
> and make a note of the few differences?

This is nice.  I think that we should provide documentation in our style
for the ezSQL functions, at least those commonly used by the core code
and defined under the $wpdb object.  Especially missing from what you've
got are the table definitions.

This page would be well-placed in Developer Documentation -> WordPress
Function Reference -> Class Reference -> wpdb, and should be referenced
from anywhere in the dev docs that talks about databases, like on the
page that describes the database structure itself, [[WordPress Database
Reference]].  I had envisioned the [[WordPress Database Reference]] page
as a definition of the database tables and fields and their purposes.

How I've described categorizing this is a little deep into the site.
Maybe the [[WordPress Class Reference]] page should be linked to from
[[Developer Documentation]] directly?

Anyway, that's just my mental organization on the topics.  Yours, if
different, may make more sense.

Owen