[wp-docs] new codex page for developers/dev discussion?

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 13:05:10 GMT 2005

I am terribly sorry I did not read this thread before I renamed the page.

I have renamed it to [[Using Alternate Databases]]. I think me and Kaf
agree here to some extent. I was trying to summarize the spirit of
that page in renaming it thus.

Regarding a section for Developers, I think it is quite apt - we could
provide details about how to submit diffs (though svn makes it
ridiculously simple), how to file bug reports, about wp-testers,
function references and documentation, l10n docs etc. So what do you
say, folks, shall we start a new Codex "section" for developers of all
kinds?

Carthik.

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 22:18:33 -0500, Kaf Oseo <kaf at szub.net> wrote:
> Charlie wrote:
> > In the interests of keeping my newly created page, "Database
> > Support"[2], from remaining bastardly, where might be a good place to
> > provide the link-to?  All the sections of the codex seem centered on
> > end-user support, and not on developer discussion.
>
> I think a new heading in the top Advanced Topics page covering dev
> issues like this would be a good start.
>
> Some may see "Database Support" as misleading. How about "Employing
> Alternative Databases"?
>
> "Beyond MySQL" may be a little too kitschy.
>
> -Kaf

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net