[wp-docs] Template Tags without pages

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 18:35:35 GMT 2005

query_post() is a monster. Ryan writes from time to time about some of
the uses (multiple loops on a page etc)... I have one such saved here:
http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Carthik/From_Mailing_Lists

Given the number of query vars it has, it could be a complicated page
- so how best do we tackle this?

Carthik.

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 13:26:17 -0500, Kaf Oseo <kaf at szub.net> wrote:
> These hit and run document additions are exactly the sort the {{Stub}}
> tag are designed to be used on, no matter where we end up putting them
> (I've added it to the pages listed). At the very least, it makes them
> easy to keep track of:
>
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Category:Stubs
>
> (I can write up wp_loginout(), but does anyone have a bit of background
> info on query_post()?)
>
> -Kaf
>
> lorelle at cameraontheroad.com wrote:
> > I just found a couple of template tags that have no pages but the links
> > are on the Template Tag page....I've put a "something coming here soon"
> > note on these to end the empty page syndrome, but they need something
> > here better than that!
> >
> > http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/wp_loginout
> > http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/query_posts

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net