[wp-docs] Writing a Plugin

Craig Hartel craig at nuclearmoose.com
Wed Mar 9 01:27:21 GMT 2005

Michael D.Adams wrote:
> http://codex.wordpress.org/index.php?
> title=Managing_plugins#Writing_your_own_plugins
> Is "[[Writing a plugin]] by Matt Mullenweg" an already extant document
> that just needs to be pulled in?  I ask because it'd be nice if
> [[Plugin API]] weren't the highest authority on Plugin Development;  it
> should just be reserved for actions/hooks.
> MDAWaffe

I assume this will be geared to a medium to high skill level? I would like to
see at least a small blurb on what "hooks" are, and what the hell an API is. :)

It may help pique interest in some people, and offer something up for those who
hear the terms around the neighbourhood and are just mildly curious.