[wp-docs] New page policy discussion

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 06:42:08 GMT 2005

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 23:24:44 -0700, Craig Hartel <craig at nuclearmoose.com> wrote:
> Is this a dumb "policy"? I'm pretty much the one that suggested it and set up
> the reminder template that sits in most peoples' TALK page.

I expected to address this question in this document here:
http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-docs/2005-February/000007.html
(please read the thread).

I proposed something, as outlined in that thread, and then it was that
many people involved in documentation did not respond to it, or
provide suggestions for improvement.

I understand that you had a discussion with some individual, but if
that individual has a real interest in how documentation develops,
then it might be good for him to provide feedback when asked, or start
a new discussion regarding it.

We need to move forward, steadily, with a set of specifications and
agreed-upom standards, and the only way to arrive at a consensus is to
provide feedback.

I have some pressing work tomorrow, when I am done, I am going to
finalize the proposal and move that into the guidelines, keeping in
mind the suggestions provided by others who replied to that thread. If
you (Craig) or anyone else has suggestions, please reply to that
thread.

Again, I beleive that frustrating users by not reviewing and moving in
pages is not going to help.

I have a simple method of dealing with cruft - remove it as soon as
you see it with a note explaining why. Redundant work, and aimless
documentation serve no purpose.

Carthik.
--
When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net