[wp-docs] IRC users list

Ryan Duff ryan at ryanduff.net
Mon Jun 27 19:28:43 GMT 2005

Scott Merrill wrote:
> Matt Mullenweg wrote:
>
>>If people on IRC are looking for more recognition may
>>we could do something different, like have a poll on the most helpful
>>IRC users and then send them a WP t-shirt or some sort of prize.
>

> I don't think it's so much a matter of individuals wanting recognition
> (at least not for themselves), as it is providing some sense of veracity
> for people who come looking for help.  With 100+ nicks in the channel,
> how can a new user know that they're dealing with someone who is
> legitimately able to help them?

Nobody is looking for a t-shirt or a free prize Matt. We all support OSS
in the same you do, by volunteering our own time and sometimes even
money. We just wanted to be able to make it visible to new users in
#wordpress who is very knowledgeable of wordpress and would be able to
help them out.

I liked Michael H's suggestion in the next email. Maybe we can give
voice status to users but base it on the criteria he suggested. Voted
in, can't vote for yourself, continue to be an active participant, have
a user page at the wiki. Most of the wordpress guru's (so to speak)
already meet that criteria. How about a way to nominate people.

--
Ryan Duff
http://ryanduff.net