[wp-docs] IRC users list

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon Jun 27 17:16:33 GMT 2005

Scott Merrill wrote:
> Since the bots all allow other people to adjust your definition, I don't
> think this is a very reliable option.  Also, what happens when a bot is
> offline?

Wikis allow other people to adjust your definition as well. I think all
of Relle's points are valid, I wouldn't want to create/maintain an
"a-list" of IRC people any more than I would for anything else. It's
exclusionary, elitist, emotional, and I think it will cause more trouble
than it's worth. If people on IRC are looking for more recognition may
we could do something different, like have a poll on the most helpful
IRC users and then send them a WP t-shirt or some sort of prize.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://photomatt.net  | http://wordpress.org