[wp-docs] IRC users list

Ryan Duff ryan at ryanduff.net
Sun Jun 26 14:13:29 GMT 2005

Docs Team,

It has come to my attention that some people want to create a list of
IRC users on the codex. It has come up that users would have to be
asked, who would take care of it, etc.

My facts, there's about 25-50 users in the forums and irc that are on
often and are very knowledgeable about wordpress. Nobody knows who's
trustworthy (as noted in http://wordpress.org/support/topic/37482).

Ask the users, have users add their names, that way its their choice.
Delegate somebody who's in irc all the time to keep the page clean of
users who aren't often helping in irc or other such mediums. Instead of
editing a irc users page, how about creating a support page with a list
of people who can be trusted.

Also, another gripe was about self promotion and links to users pages
and sites... well what about your Documentation team page
http://codex.wordpress.org/Documentation_team  Isn't it one sided to say
that hey, we can have a page that lists OUR names but anybody else is
self promotion? (yes, my name is on there, but it has been for a long
time and depending on the outcome of this, I might remove it.)

--
Ryan Duff
http://ryanduff.net