[wp-docs] A request

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 20:00:06 GMT 2005

I think more of the reason was the post specifically requested that the ones
who are running 1.6 and openly advertising their doing so need to go support
on the forums, because ultimately its people who advertise running "Do not
use" software that lead to every day users trying it out and then posting
for support on the forums. Really though, requests for 1.6 support should be
closed with a note saying "If you need help, don't use it."

On 6/18/05, Scott Merrill <skippy at skippy.net> wrote:

> Arthur Jennings wrote:
> > On 6/18/05, Robert Deaton <false.hopes at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Honestly couldn't tell, cause I've seen so many people say similar
> things
> >>while not kidding, so its best to make sure everyone knows
> >>

> > Kidding aside, why would you suggest that anyone help alpha users in
> > the forum when it says quite clearly (if not grammatically) on the
> > Nightly Builds page that "The mailing list is the only place
> > appropiate for support on nightly builds, please do not use the
> > support forums or any other lists"?
>
> Because people don't read warnings; and lots of poeple feel they have
> some sort of entitlement to support, regardless of any admonishment
> elsewhere.
>
> --
> skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/
>
> gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu <http://pgp.mit.edu> --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
> 506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49 3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35

--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com