[wp-docs] Hardening WordPress

Lorelle VanFossen lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Fri Jul 15 17:59:38 GMT 2005

Owen, and others who might have missed Matt's alert. The WordPress Codex
will be "functioning" for reading but not for writing.  No editing will
be able to be done for the next 24 hours or so while the database is
backedup, moved, and restored, or something like that.

PLEASE, save any documentation you are working on in a safe place and
hang on until Matt let's us know that everything is back working and
functioning again.  Apologizes to everyone who want to make changes and
add documentation, but hopefully this move will make the Codex stronger
and more stable. Thanks for the patience.

And Owen, Eads, Skippy, and everyone else who has worked so hard on this
article on Hardening WordPress.  It is one of the most edited and
rewritten and worked on documents on the Codex, I think.  Be proud. This
will help a lot of people, from the nervous to the advanced user,
understand how secure WordPress is and how to make it more secure.  And
hopefully not give tips to the evil time wasters out there.  Thanks for
all your hard work and when the Codex database is back open, we'll clean
up Owen's version and get things rockin' again.

Thank you,