[wp-docs] Codex Down Planning Session

Michael E. Hancock mhancock at us.net
Thu Jul 14 18:01:05 GMT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lorelle VanFossen" <lorelle at cameraontheroad.com>
To: "WordPress Documentation" <wp-docs at lists.automattic.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 1:35 PM
Subject: Re: [wp-docs] Codex Down Planning Session

> While Matt is handling the "business end of the stick", as my mother
> would say, I trust he is making the right decisions about servers and
> will seriously consider mirroring and other options.
>
> I'm also looking for emergency planning techniques we can use to alert
> the "masses".  Any help would be appreciated there.
>
> Also, the plans we put in place can also be used to support the forum if
> it ever goes down...which it hasn't for a while.
>
> Lorelle

Procedures:
1.  Alert Matt
2.  Alert Matt
3.  If Codex is down, put thead on forum that Codex is down, and keep
bumping it. Send email to [wp-docs] email list.
4.  If Forum is down, send email to [wp-forums] email list.  Might also
consider putting header, like the current Backup Week announcement, on the
Codex Main Page that forum is down.

Since Matt has the "business end of the stick" handled, there's not much
more to do is there?

Michael E. Hancock