[wp-docs] printed version?

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 13:27:56 GMT 2005

On 7/13/05, Podz <podz at tamba2.org.uk> wrote:

> Lorelle VanFossen wrote:
> > As mentioned on another thread on this topic, please avoid making
> > decisions about this until Carthik's return. Ideas, suggestions,
> > whatever is fine.
>
> With respect Lorelle, as has been pointed out, anyone can use the
> information to create a book under the GPL.
>
> I could do it, Michael B could do it, Matt could and so could someone
> else who just points a spider at Codex.
>
> I can see your point but with respect to Carthik too, if he said No it
> makes no difference.
>
> Like I have said, a book WILL happen and I would rather it was us on the
> end of the project.
>
> P.
>
> It seems what Lorelle is trying to say (pure conjecture) is that Carthik
has definite plans. Which I suppose is good, but it appears to me that only
she knows of the plans, judging by the responses I've seen in this thread.

For the record, I certainly am not going to release something on my own, nor
did I really have an inclination to assist the Codex team get one out, that
is, until this thread manifested. So what kind of a time frame are we
talking about Carthik being away, and is there anything documented as to
what was planned?