[wp-docs] printed version?

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Tue Jul 12 23:10:05 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 17:46 -0500, Lorelle VanFossen wrote:
> I'm not stopping the process, just wanting to make sure that everyone is
> involved in the process.  Anyone can write a book on WordPress, though
> using the Codex without adequate and comprehensive permissions from all
> the "right folks" would really piss a lot of people off

Where do we state the license for Codex?  I assume it's GPL, but don't
see it stated anywhere.

If it is indeed GPL, there are no comprehensive permissions needed.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyNotGPLForManuals

"Anyone publishing the book on paper would have to either include
machine-readable "source code" of the book along with each printed copy,
or provide a written offer to send the "source code" later."

That's it.  In other words, if you publish Codex as a book, you must
make the "source code" (in this case the Wiki source) available upon
request.  Many publishers just ship a CD.

See also the LDP.

http://en.tldp.org/manifesto.html

Ryan