[wp-docs] Building the french section

Xavier Borderie xavier.borderie at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 18:27:46 GMT 2005

Good evening. I'm new here.

I'm Xavier Borderie, and am in charge of the French translation of WP.
I run a freely accessible test-blog for all to see and give opinions :
http://xavier.borderie.net/wp-fr/

I also run my own blog not far away :
http://xavier.borderie.net/blog/
In dire need of a personnal template, yep.

Seeing that WP is getting some traction around here these past weeks,
and that a stub of French Main Page has been added by morganiq et
Serger Keller, I launch a call for participation on the wp-fr blog :
http://xavier.borderie.net/wp-fr/2005/07/08/appel-a-participation/

Not much has happenned since then, so I decided to start scratching
that itch mysql (guess I can be impatient sometimes) : I translated
the Contributing page.
http://codex.wordpress.org/fr:Codex:Contribuer
Those who'll browse through will notice the high number of (en
anglais) mentions. Guess I'll need to create a specific Task List for
the French section.

I'm only getting started, and doubt I'll be able to, on my own,
translate even the most useful pages, but little by little, I'll make
my way through some.
Which, by the way, leads me to congratulations for the work everyone
has done to the Codex.

Cheers.

x.