[wp-docs] Screencasts

Lorelle VanFossen lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Thu Jul 7 03:26:24 GMT 2005

To bring everyone up to date on this issue, it was suggested by Matt
during this week's WordPress Meetup that the Codex begin plans to
include "screencasts". For those new to this concept, it is like a
"podcast" but basically an animated/video-like display of screen shots.
An example would be installing WordPress. A link to the screencast would
be on the Installing WordPress Codex article page, giving users a chance
to read through the documentation and/or view the animated process of
how to install WordPress.

I've set up a page on the Codex to take notes on how this may work and
provide links to examples and other things and open this up to
discussion here, and in that page's discussion page.

We will need someone to coordinate this with the Codex.  I've talked to
a couple people about this and I'm awaiting their answer. We will also
need volunteers to take on the fun of making such screencasts.  There
are a lot of decisions and information to gather, like which articles
would best be suited to this, decisions about software, and how to
coordinate this effort.

It's very exciting.  Let's start making plans and begin to put this into
effect. See: http://codex.wordpress.org/Codex:Screencasts for more
information and to sign up.