[wp-docs] New volunteer

lorelle at cameraontheroad.com lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Fri Jul 1 21:23:26 GMT 2005

Matt:

Well, with Carthik gone for the next six weeks, can I make the request
an official one?

Please change the CSS so that the use of the tag <code> will NOT have
the blue background. It makes it difficult to read and clutters up the
whole look of the pages. The Codex Volunteers have worked very hard to
keep these pages not looking "wiki-like" but clean and professional.

Since the change has been made on something like 90%+ of the pages,
please do a MySQL UPDATE to search and replace the incidences of <tt>
that the TeleType or <tt> is deprecated, so it is still viable for use
within paragraphs.

While <pre><code> may be okay in your book, it is redundant and nothing
finally being cleaned up by close attention by the volunteers working on
general uses of code.

There are also consistent validation errors in the sidebar with a class
ID being used twice in the sidebar |<div class="portlet" id="*p*-tb">
and in the ads. We may not be able to help the advertisers lazy ways,
but we need to fix our own.

While in the Codex CSS, would you please also add a class for the FAQs
TOCs. By default, all TOCs float to the right and in this particulat
case, we need them to NOT float and sit on the left margin. This class
may serve useful with a few other page structures begin considered for
the future.

These and others are on your Codex To Do list, per your request at
http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Matt/codex_todo, as a reminder.

There is also a lot of requests on the
http://codex.wordpress.org/Codex:State_of_Codex page which is now being
reviewed and added to by the documentation team.

Thanks,