[wp-docs] Links Manager

Michael D.Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Mon Feb 21 23:55:46 GMT 2005

The XFN whatnot was written to describe what people see when in the
Links Manager.  In particular, the definitions were written up because
I thought it wouldn't be obvious to most people to click on the
"Profile" link from http://gmpg.org/xfn/ to find an explanation of what
each relationship means.

A clearer link ("To find out what each of these relationships mean,
click here") in WordPress' Links Manager itself would be useful, and
would eliminate the need to for most of the information on the Codex
page.

On Feb 21, 2005, at 2:18 PM, Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> I think just copying the info from the XFN page isn't useful, we
> should point people to the original resource, the page might be better
> if it explained why XFN is important in the context of WordPress,
> rather than duplicating information better found at the source.

I don't know what you mean here.  It seems to me that XFN is no more
important and is used no differently "in the context of WordPress" than
anywhere else.  So, again, perhaps the page isn't useful.

mdawaffe

PS: I considered copyright issues only briefly as I was writing it up
(the small link is the result of that brief consideration);  I intended
to be more careful later - I forgot.  Supposing the page is actually
useful to have in Codex, a better citation is in order, as would be
contacting the appropriate authors, of which you (Matt) are one.

PPS:  To Matt or anyone else who may see that I've cancelled on order
of 4578 of my posts to wp-docs, sorry for the annoyance.  My mail
program is acting up and is inconsistently sending from the wrong
address.  If you haven't noticed anything, ignore this PPS.