[wp-docs] New Pages.

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 14:00:05 GMT 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 03:41:20 -0500, Kaf Oseo <kaf at szub.net> wrote:
> >Current Solution:
> >Create new pages as subpages of User: pages, and then move them in later.
> Not suggesting a change to this, correct?

Correct, this remains valid.

> >Proposal:
<snip>
> I assume with my minor mod privileges I am one of the "bureacrats". In that case, may I ask we not be called that. Reasons should be apparent. Either moderator or sysop works for me.

I was using standard Mediawiki names, is all :)

> To both points, I pretty much agree. On #1, earning the right to perform moves etc. should at least mean the earnee has gained an amount of trust from the sysadmins. #2 almost goes without saying, which means it must de said constantly.

Yes.

> 3. At this point most new pages, even moves from the old wiki, should fulfill this. However, if a writer/editor of a page is unsure of any information, they should use {{Stub}} and add a Talk note pointing out what they think is missing or requires a sanity check.
Good point - Always follow common sense editing standards, especially
when you are a Sysadmin or moderator or editor.

> 5. Are we getting a lot of these? Man...
There were two, as there was one with a spello. I just wanted to
mention it, while I was making a list.

> 6. MIA...
Must have gone to fetch a cup of tea ;)

Thanks for the reply, Kaf. When everyone's done, we can finalize this,
and agree to follow it.

Carthik.