[wp-docs] Revising the upgrade instructions

Michael E. Hancock michael at hancockdata.com
Tue Dec 20 13:57:13 GMT 2005

>From: "Podz" <podz at tamba2.org.uk>
>>Michael E. Hancock wrote:

>> 2.  What should be deleted or not deleted in wp-content?  We advise users
>> not to use FTP to overwrite files so what should be the recommended
>> approach?
> Just upload the new plugin ?

I thought of that but then there's wp-content/plugins/akismet,
wp-content/index.php, and the changes to wp-content/plugins/hello.php.

And looks like there's changes to the default and Classic theme files.
Should those theme files be uploaded and if so should the original files be
first deleted?

~~~MichaelH