[wp-docs] Revising the upgrade instructions

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Tue Dec 20 13:17:50 GMT 2005

Michael E. Hancock wrote:

> Issues to address:
> 1.  Should the .htaccess file be backed up and what should be done with that
> file once the upgrade is completed?
Yes, it must be backed up.
Keep it IF needed, esp if custom rules have been added.

> 2.  What should be deleted or not deleted in wp-content?  We advise users
> not to use FTP to overwrite files so what should be the recommended
> approach?
Just upload the new plugin ?

> 3.  How to address the permission issues regarding the wp-db-backup.php
> plugin?
Do not upgrade ? :)

I want Matt to take this one and get the words right - I have written
something but my work is outside Codex. Matt chose to take this route so
I think he should craft the words.

P.