[wp-docs] Themes vs Templates

virgil huston virgil.huston at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 19:55:24 GMT 2005

to Moshu: My question was directly related to the codex docs. I was
editing a paragraph and the distinction between themes and templates
wasn't clear. Part of my confusion stems, I think, from my first
experiences with WP when I found a page (I think on the codex, but not
sure) with a long list of links to templates. These templates are what
you and others are calling themes, yet are called templates in some
places. I just was trying to avoid making an error. I have no problem
using the term theme.

to Lorelle: I think for now I want to do some editing to get my feet
wet. I am an instructional designer, so maybe can do some tutorials. I
am not an expert in WP, so need fairly simple tasks at this point.

Thanks,
Virgil