[wp-docs] FAQ

Lorelle VanFossen lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Tue Aug 2 13:58:24 GMT 2005

The information on the page may seem formal, but it is the language that
speaks volumes.  And a three sentence policy regarding "WordPress not
responsible" isn't enough.

If anyone comes to you whining about anything associated with the
policies of WordPress, you now have a multipurpose document that can
answer all such questions.

I think that policies in place that protect WordPress, WordPress
volunteers, members, users, developers, etc., is a GOOD policy and long
overdue.

And just to remind everyone that WordPress is no longer a little home
business, here are some more FAQ/Facts:

v1.5 Downloads: 450,525
Participants on WordPress Forum - More than 25,000
Post Totals on WordPress Forum - 206,637
Registered users on WordPress Codex - 2471
Number of Languages Supported - 35
WordPress official hosts: 5
WP-hackers Mailing List: 436
Codex Volunteers Mailing List: 165
WP-Testers Mailing List: 451
Polygots (languages) Mailing List: 145
Forum Volunteers on Mailing List: 18 (new)

We're still collecting stats, but grouped together, it's an amazing
thing to see. Be proud of those numbers. Add to that the number of
emails Matt gets every day about WordPress (~1000 ;-)  ), very
impressive numbers and a lot to manage. Luckily, WordPress attracted a
lot of strong volunteers to help spread the management efforts around.