[wp-docs] Overwhelming?

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Mon Apr 25 15:59:55 GMT 2005

Sheryl Coe - Reportica wrote:
> By the way, has anyone considered:
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html#FDL
> a GNU free documentation license for all this.
>
> A PDF is OK as an alternate format.

I've posted about FDL before on my own site, avoiding mentioning of it
here.  These comments tend to bring out the (often hostile) remarks such
as, "I've put so much effort into this, why should Joe Schmoe be able to
offer a version for print and make money off of my sweat?"

That said, I think FDL is a good idea for Codex.  Likewise, I think it
would be nice to work together toward a print version of Codex -
something that the sales of which could contribute toward the community.

Even I wouldn't mind an IRL reference book for WordPress, even if it
gets completely stale in 6 months.

Owen