[wp-docs] Overwhelming?

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Mon Apr 25 12:47:30 GMT 2005

I started at the WordPress Lessons page:
   http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Lessons
which is chock-full of information.  I hadn't read "First Steps with
WordPress" in a while, so I clicked there:
   http://codex.wordpress.org/First_Steps_With_WordPress
also chock-full of information.  Reading all of these two pages (which I
didn't do) would take me a fair amount of time.

>From First Steps, I clicked on "how all of this works", which takes me to:
   http://codex.wordpress.org/Working_with_WordPress

I've been using WordPress for about a year now, and feel fully
comfortable with it.  But I feel overwhelmed trying to follow the
documentation.  I've no idea what to suggest as a starting point for my
mom, a fledgling WordPress user and a person entirely too busy to read
all of this stuff.

Don't get me wrong: it's _fantastic_ that we have such a wealth of
information.  I wonder, though, if we can find a slightly more linear
presentation method so as not to inundate the fledgling bloggers with
too many links to too much information?
Maybe we could tease out some of the information from Codex into a (PDF?
 HTML?) "WordPress Guidebook", which users could read offline (or print).

_Huge kudos_ to Carthik, Lorelle, and all the codex contributors.  I am
simply amazed at the quality and quantity of the information.

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35